Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So again I apologize for my inconsistancy in my blogging. This past week I was working in the Finance Departmen. I am not that great with numbers so I was a little worried but the finance staff is amazing! (if anyone is a finace major let me know because the Finance Department needs interns!!)

My task for the week was to a) go through all of the city's accounts recievavle (i.e. water/wastewater accounts) and mark the ones that were 3+ months over due. After I had all of these accounts market, I then had to figure out if people were just not paying their bills, or the bills were not getting to the people. To do this I had to look up the property on Property Apraiser. If the address matched then I filed a lean against the account, if the addresses do not match then I changed the address on the City's database and moved along.

This process took me two days. After all the research was done and leans filed, I started to address CODs...LOTS and LOTS of CODS...(630 to be exact).

Out of all of the departments that I have visted I learned to most in the Finance Department. Next week is Parks and Rec. so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment