Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Training and Enrichment... German style

So, something really cool that I think I've forgotten to mention in my other blogs is that I've been to going to some classes (just shadowing a friend) while here in Germany. The friend works at the Salvatin Army with me and is studying to be, what they call, a social worker. To us it would translate to something like an activist... or non-profit administrator/orgainzer. Anyway, every week on Wednesday I go with him to Uni and listen to the presentations each student has organized about a different NPO that they have researched. It's been really interesting (especially since it is all in German) and has made me think more about finding a career in an international NPO rather than just one that focuses in Germany or the United States.

My host family is still AMAZING and, the most exciting news of all, I've found a rowing team here that I can stay/get in shape with over the summer ANNNNNND I might be racing in one of their boats in July.

I hate thinking about when I have to leave, it gets more and more depressing.

BUT! I think I have found a contact that can get me a job in his spa between December and April before my semester abroad in Germany starts in April.

Exciting, Exciting. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment