Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week One: City Hall Administartion

So I am not going to lie...I kinda completely forgot that I was needing to blog each week. Luckily I am only in my 3rd week of my Summer of Service so I am not toooo far behind :)

So my Summer of Service project/sit is broken up into 3 parts. Part 1 - I am the Deland City Intern. Part 2 - I am an Americops Summer Associate. And Part 3 - I am the CSL's Community and Econ. Develoment Student Issue Leader.

So for the Deland City Internship I am spending 1 week at all of the different city departments, this week I was working in the administration department (with the City Manager, City Mayor, Commissioners, ect.). I was given the task of researching how to get Deland on a "Best of List" by the city manager Mike Pleus. This was really fun work and cool to see all of the different Lists that are out there. It turns out that Deland is on a list "Small Town Gems" but we are too small to make it on to any big, reputable list :(

For the Americops Summer Associate project myself, as well as Tyce and Maria, are catologing and interviewing all of our community partners. This is going really well and we have a much better grasp on what our partners need now!

And for the Community and Econ Project I am attemting to implement personal finance, personal development, community education, ect. classes for the Spring Hill area.

No comments:

Post a Comment